It took the founder of Kavalan Distillery a very long time to find the right place with the right water supply. Ilan became his
There is enough cold spring water flowing through Snow Mountain.
The Amontillado is a Sherry that was developed dry. It is darker than Fino but also lighter than Oloroso.
Typical flavours for an Amontillado barrel are roasted almonds and walnuts.
- Distillery of the Year - International Spirits Competition 2021.
- Distillery Visitor Centre Trophy - International Spirits Competition 2021
- Worldwide Whiskey Trophy - International Wine & Spirits Competition 2021
- GOLD San Francisco World Spirits Competition 2021
- GOLD San Francisco World Spirits Competition 2016
- WORLD'S BEST SINGLE CASK SINGLE MAL World Whiskies Awards 2016 )
Tasting notes:Colour: Amber.
Nose: Rich, fruity, sweet, walnuts, almonds, toffee, oak.
Taste: Exotic, soft, sherry, hints of caramel.
Finish: Long-lasting, nutty, hints of pepper flavours.