Kavalan is the name of the Yilan region, which lies southeast of the capital Taipei. An important reason for choosing this location is the excellent water quality. In Yilan, there is enough cold spring water flowing through Snow Mountain.
The Solist range of Kavalan Distillery includes specially selected barrels from the Master Blenders. These casks are known for their individual character and fine quality.
This whiskey matures in Pedro Ximénez sherry casks.
- Distillery of the Year - International Spirits Competition 2021.
- Distillery Visitor Centre Trophy - International Spirits Competition 2021
- Worldwide Whiskey Trophy - International Wine & Spirits Competition 2021
- GOLD Tokyo Whisky & Spirits Competition 2021
- DOUBLE GOLD San Francisco Spirits Competition 2021
- GOLD San Francisco World Spirits Competition 2017
- GOLD San Francisco World Spirits Competition 2016
Tasting notes:Color: Dark honey gold.
Nose: Rosemary, sweet citrus aromas, toffee, hints of lemongrass, oak.
Taste: Fruity, warm, velvety, soft, PX sherry flavors, notes of raisins, honey.
Finish: Long lasting.